The abandoned young delinquents center
The abandoned young delinquents center

The abandoned young delinquents center

The abandoned young delinquents center

Damn vandals who destroy everything

Sherbrooke (Quebec), Canada

Located in Sherbrooke near the 410 Highway, the Relais St-Francois is a former center for young offenders and now abandoned. Completely ransacked, the building doesn't have much interest. Water damages have been made by time, but I must admit that it's nothing when you compare with the vandalism and graffiti done here. This building is today an empty shell devoid of any value.

Abandoned for a decade, the construction of the building dates back to 1971. Huge concrete structure, its appearance is sober and its construction had to be motivated by a tight and little trimmed budget. The result is a large gray and brown square block... Probably the same color of the happiness that had reigned in his walls.

Today threatened by woodpeckers demolition, the building belongs to Olymbec since 2009. Last may, they announced a residential project of at least 12 million dollars. The 400 000 square feet land would sold to Gestion immobilière Santi, especially active in the Magog area. The project should begin in 2014 provided that the company obtains the zoning change to realize its huge residential project.

Time is running out for the Relais St-François.

Related content

The Mascouche seigniorial mansion - Photos by Pierre Bourgault
Mascouche, Quebec (Canada)

Jewel of Quebec's heritage, the seigniorial manor was built in 1795. Expanded several times over the years, it was used for several purposes. From 1967 to 2000 it was used as a high school and later, Quebec police organization “Sûreté du Québec”...

Lockers
Sainte-Clothilde-de-Horton, Quebec (Canada)

Located in the countryside near the village of Sainte-Clotilde-de-Horton, the Notre-Dame de la Chesnaie house is abandoned since 2002. Over the past decade, it was a real festival of vandalism inside the building. Graffiti, destruction, partial...

Miss Peregrine’s College for Girls
Upstate, New York (United States)

The College for Girls was founded in 1890 and in 1907 moved to its final home on 22 acres in Upstate, New York. In 1907 the school had an enrollment of 120 students and a faculty of 29. Originally, the course of study was six years with four...

The abandoned boys institute
Cecil County, Maryland (United States)

Located at the north of Baltimore, this Beaux-Arts influenced Gregorian Revival style by N.Y. architects Boring and Tilton buildings was one of the oldest school of Maryland before its closure in the 90s. The 330 acre campus is constituted of...