Abandoned houses in the Beauce area - Photo by Sous l'oeil de Sylvie
Abandoned houses in the Beauce area

Abandoned houses in the Beauce area

Abandoned houses in the Beauce area

Rural beauties and other landscapes

Beauce (Quebec), Canada

Abandoned for more modern constructions or left behind to adrift once the occupants died, abandoned houses populate the countryside. Hidden under vegetation who tries to conquer its old territory, sometimes the time prevents explorers from entering into these incredible places by collapsing the foundations or by twisting the walls like old rags.

Few of them will be restored after many years left to themselves. Most of the time, years will turn them down or will be by the owners when municipal councils will be tired to see these building agonize (and visited by kids).

Urbex Playground presents here some of these old beauties located in the Beauce area, located near the United State border.

Related content

The antiquarian's house
Eastern townships, Quebec (Canada)

The place is surprising. This old rooming house next to an old railway was, in another era, the nerve center of this small village in Eastern Townships. Abandoned for over fifty years according to some, it remained intact and time has slowly...

Wyndcliffe, the abandoned mansion
Rhinebeck, New York (United States)

Wyndcliffe is the ruin of a historic mansion near Rhinebeck in Dutchess County, New York. The records at the Library of Congress state that the brick mansion was originally named Rhinecliff and Constructed in 1853 in the Norman style. The design...

The boar Castle
Sainte-Brigide d'Iberville, Quebec (Canada)

His nickname is coming from the stuffed boar's head that adorns the entrance to the castle. Real little jewel of northern France, the secrecy surrounding its location still preserves the vandals who have already done so much damage elsewhere....

The Negro Community Center
Montréal, Quebec (Canada)
The origins of the building

Despite the many changes made to the building by the Negro community center, it is clear that the original building was a church. Plans are signed by Sidney Rose Badgley (1850-1917), an architect from Ste.Catherine,...